World Health Organization (WHO) busted six dangerous myths about coronavirus.
Myth 1: ‘The coronavirus is not able to survive in hot weather.’
Fact: From the evidence obtained so far, the virus can be transmitted in any weather.
Myth 2: ‘Mosquito bites can transfer the coronavirus from one person to the other.’
Fact: No such evidence has been reported. It spreads in respiratory droplets.
Myth 3: ‘Pneumonia vaccine can provide protection against coronavirus.’
Fact: Coronavirus needs its own vaccine. Scientists are already working on it.
Myth 4: ‘One of the effective treatment options is antibiotics.’
Fact: Antibiotics can only kill bacteria, not viruses.
Myth 5: ‘Eating garlic could help against coronavirus.’
Fact: Although garlic has some antibacterial properties, no evidence has been reported that eating garlic can prevent or cure coronavirus.
Myth 6: ‘Mostly old people are at risk.’
Fact: Anyone can catch it. People with conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, and asthma are more vulnerable to getting severely ill.
Common signs and symptoms
- Shortness of breath
Standard recommendations of WHO to prevent infection
- Regular hand washing.
- Cover nose and mouth when sneezing and coughing.
- Cooking eggs and meat thoroughly.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who shows respiratory illness symptoms such as coughing and sneezing.
When to use a mask
Wear a mask only if you are ill with coronavirus symptoms (coughing) or if you are looking after someone who may have this virus. WHO requests people to use masks wisely due to the shortage of masks world-wide. You are wasting a mask if you are not ill or looking after someone who is ill with coronavirus.
WHO Recommended hand rub formulation
Isopropyl alcohol 99.8%: 751.5 mL
Hydrogen peroxide 3%: 41.7 mL
Glycerol 98%: 14.5 mL
- Add the measured amount of alcohol into the plastic or glass bottle of 1 liter.
- Add the measured amount of hydrogen peroxide & glycerol into the bottle.
- Make up the volume to 1 liter by adding cold boiled water.
- Place lid on the bottle and shake gently to mix the solution.
- Divide the solution into the final containers (plastic bottles of 100 or 150 mL). Leave these bottles for 72 hours before using them.
WHO has declared coronavirus as a pandemic. Pandemic means the worldwide spread of a new disease. We all need to be extra careful to prevent ourselves from this infection. Regular handwashing is the most important thing to keep in mind during coronavirus pandemic.
That all from my side. Do give them a try and let me know in the comment section if it works for you. You can also write to us on our Facebook page.
Want to know the review of the movie “The Invisible Man“, follow the link to read more.